It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: symantec.cloud
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 am 
-D2K- Member

Hello everyone,
Am using symantec endpoint 12.1 on 1 sever & 4 workstations at work which I'm happy with (installed locally) but now have to roll out a security solution to another server with mail & 8 other workstations at the companies other facility , Am looking at symantec endpoint.cloud + mail with the view of one solution,console & annual fee ,easy install to cover all our hardware...
I had to remove Trend Micro (which in my view is broken by design!!) & install endpoint on my server which required a couple of support calls & two days of symantec sorting it all out, way to hard for SMB
Looks like symantec.cloud would be better to install & manage what do you guys think?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: symantec.cloud
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Our company got rid of symantec years ago and we are a pretty large IT Service company with dedicated security teams etc. There was a good reason we got rid of them but i can't recall the reason now.

As an end user i used to use symantec many years ago but then they just started including too much bloatware, slowed your pc down, their virus definitions weren't anywhere near as good as alot of the other big players etc.

I have been using NOD32 for a few years now and love it. Non intrusive and have top of the line virus definitions. They have from what i can see a good business solution with management tools etc. but i haven't looked into that side of things.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 pm 

I have run symantec software before years ago and I found it causes lot lot of problems with all the crap it installs with it.
PC Aids factor: "HIGH"

I have just been using Microsoft Security Essentials and havn't had a problem since I installed it a couple years ago.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

I use NOD32 Business Edition for all the systems I put in place and it works beautifully. Most of the businesses we deal with are SMB.

However, I haven't investigated whether NOD32 can be setup using a Server installation and then a shared directory with the automatic Client rollouts and updates etc.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm 

symentec got hacked reacently and told everyone to turn their system of :lol:

Might want to try someone else

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 am 
Site Admin

-D2K-DeathDealer wrote:
I use NOD32 Business Edition for all the systems I put in place and it works beautifully. Most of the businesses we deal with are SMB.

However, I haven't investigated whether NOD32 can be setup using a Server installation and then a shared directory with the automatic Client rollouts and updates etc.

Im sure it would :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 pm 

..I'm with the other guys, as an end user i wouldn't use Symantec. On a buisness side of things i have used it before and overall ok, but there are better products for the scale of network your suggesting.
I use Bitdefender. Been using it for a number of years now and never looked back.
Even trialed a couple of the server products to see how it operates and i was happy.
Like you said Esti you want a product that you can manage easily and it is also effective, and that support assistance is accessible when needed.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm 

Trend is shit - but if you look at r&d, nobody spends as much as symantec - Remember you get what you pay for! I have always believed that this is a personal choice as people will always select the one they know best, (not always work the best). Unfortunately you normally only find out that the product is shitty by something going horribly wrong. They all pretty much do the same at the end of the day. Stick to the big boys as support will be better. If you already running it and happy, just keep on with it.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:43 pm 

As an end user i have used malware bytes with windows firewall, never let me down and to be honest i have tried just about every piece of security out there from black ice to zone alarm. For a business solution maybe take a look at kaspersky, as for symantec its crap and as mentioned full of bloat ware.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 am 
Site Admin

I deleted his post, was just spam.

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]