It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:04 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am 

I got package for $420 everything u need to get started.

Empty steralized bottles
4L Air Still to boil off mash
Filtering buckets with Carbon Z filter in the between
This is the fermation Barrel

Contains Turbo Carbon , Turbo Yeast ,8 Kg of sugar and 21L of filtered water.
10 days later I can start distilling.
Makes from 4L wash 800ml of 60% add 400ml of water dropping to 40%
Run thru a z filter
put 700ml into a bottle and add 10ml of Bourbon Flavour .

this make 9 x 700ml Bottles of 40%

In case you want to make own , theres a smaller kit on ebay for $330 that make 5L of spirits

all up it costs me about $6.00 per bottle

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Now thats some cheap drinking! :)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm 
-D2K- Member

was uming and aring wether to get an air still or not. did my fist batch using my mates reflux still got 10l at 40%abv and lasted about 2 weeks lol. let me know how u go with the air still. right now im focusing on making beer and cider lots of experimenting going on.

remember if u take notes its science!

I fount the turbo was stinks like no tomrrow. u will prolly wanna send through the filter a couple of times.

Also found that the irish mint (mint bailies) the best value of the mix's as it only used 200ml of ur 40% (can use normal vodka if u didnt have a still)

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 am 

I mainly got it because my dad spends $80 per week on JD's every week. Even if his a diabetic , that doesn't stop him drinking. So i am brewing it for him before he gets back to Australia . at least will save about $65 each week. I don't drink everyday, mainly weekends. but i like softer spirits like schnapps .

I must admit the carbon really makes it stink badly. the smaller version has a carbon filter on the air release valve. mines just got a z shaped thingi with water in it. so it bubbles every time gas is released.

I bought a fermenter Heating belt on ebay for $15 , that helps during winter to keep the temp over 18c
sitting at 22c now.

But adding the carbon to the fermenter makes it black and when it's done u add the carbon clearing mixture, i lose a whole 24hrs for it to clear. ( might not add the Turbo Carbon on next batch )

this first batch , i did a boo boo and added too much water, shop keeper gave me too simple instructions. I made it more simple for next batch.

I put 25L in the barrel then added the 8 kg sugar which brought it up to 29L . she worded it wrong.

So it will be slightly weaker. At least it wont be drappa. then i die and miss out on playing BF4.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 pm 
-D2K- Member

i would use the turbo carbon, at the end of the day it leads to a cleaner product. howed the airstill preform? trinna deside which way i wanna go. did u need to ditch the first 50 ml?

our first batch we tried with a m8s still used the turbo kit which had the carbin in the sugar. it worked well

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]